About Me

My Photo
I am a 25 year old wife and mother living deep in the heart of Texas. My husband, Andrew, and I were blessed with the sweetest baby girl named Olivia, born in November 2009, and our adorable baby boy, Owen, born in May 2013. I created this blog to keep our friends and family part of our daily lives after we moved across the country. I love being a mom, Chick Fil A, pink, and sweet tea. The Lord has continued to amaze me with his goodness, mercy, and blessings he pours out on our family daily!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life Lately

Our January/February has been full of the busyness of life! Here's a little update on us.
 
Olivia is still loving school every day. She was star student this morning AND it was the big Valentine's party. I may have cried when she was sitting at the table signing her name to all of her valentine's. How is she big enough to do that? Could she be any cuter?!

We also took on the HUGE project of painting our kitchen cabinets. I was lame and didn't take a before picture, but this is from a couple days after we moved in.
 
And here is the after. I spy a cute little baby hanging in the doorway:)

Before
 
After! We are SO glad it is done. I've been desperate to paint these cabinets for SO long, but we've procrastinated knowing it would be a big project. I didn't hate the wood, but I love white cabinets! We are still contemplating Phase 2, which is a new backsplash and beadboard under the bar. And by contemplating I mean waiting till I convince Andrew to start more projects:)
 
 It took us 3 weeks working on weekends and every night after the kids were in bed. We had to sand it all, and then it took FIVE COATS of paint. I really wanted it to look professional when we were finished, so we took our time, and I can't believe how great it turned out.
 
We added glass to several of the doors and new hardware! We decided this is our favorite project we've ever done together. I cook supper almost every single week night, and this room really is the heart of our home.

This sweet little bug had his first bout of sickness last week. We aren't used to him being fussy and wanting to be held, so we are so glad he is back to his sweet little self.
 
He is officially crawling backwards and getting stuck under things constantly! He has gone forward a little bit in the last couple of days, and I know it is only a matter of time before my baby is officially mobile.
 
 
Owen is saying Mama and Dada and shaking his head no (especially at vegetables).
I just don't think there is anything more lovable than this little sweet baby boy!
 
Olivia is obsessed with dressing up and art. We spend countless hours changing from one ballgown to the next and playing princess. I love her imagination and sweet, determined spirit.
 
 These two sweet kiddos are my life right now, and I'm so thankful I get to spend every single day with them. If I had to sum up our "life lately" it would be this picture. Lots of love and smiles and enjoying our life as a family back together. The deployment is starting to seem like a faint memory, but at the same time it is a constant reminder to be thankful for the simple in life. For every supper we eat together, for every song we sing as a family in church, and for every bed time story read together. I am so truly thankful for being together this winter!
 
 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't believe how much your little guy grows from each blog post. I love your cabinets.